You'll need the following before you can install BT TV:
- A good quality outdoor TV aerial.
- A strong digital TV signal.
- BT home hub and the right broadband speed for the TV service you choose. Use our BB checker to see what line speeds you can get. If your line speed isn't fast enough, you may be able to boost it with our Broadband Accelerator
- BT TV YouView set-top box.
BT TV is BT's best service ever, bringing you big entertainment for tiny prices. All their packages come with:
- They have a variety of clever little set-top boxes. With their Total Entertainment you could step into the world of Ultra High definition as the latest in viewing options. The YouView+ Ultra HD box also gives you access to 1TB of memory. You can record up to 600 hours of SD TV, 250 hours of HD TV and 60 hours of Ultra HD TV.
- If you choose Essential, Entertainment Plus or Entertainment Max, you'll get a YouView+ box that lets you pause live TV, record up to 300 hours of standard definition programmes and gives you 7 days of catch up TV.
- If you choose Starter or Entertainment Starter, you'll get a YouView box that doesn't record but still lets you pause and rewind live TV.
- Up to 80 Freeview TV and radio channels, including 10 HD channels such as BBC One HD, Channel 4 HD and ITV HD.
- Add flexible TV bolt-ons to get the best in films, box sets, sports, kids' TV and music – all on convenient 1-month contracts.
If you have standard BT Broadband you can add Starter or Essential. If you have BT Infinity you can add Starter, Entertainment Starter, or Entertainment Plus which gives you 28 premium channels†, including Discovery Channel, MTV, Comedy Central, Gold, History and National Geographic.
Entertainment Max is exclusively available to existing TV customers with BT Infinity and includes HD Extra, Kids and BT TV App.
Customers can also add FREE BT Sport Pack on BT TV with a BT Infinity package and standard BT Broadband subject to minimum line speed of 2Mb.